Friday, August 1, 2008

Movie day

John and I messed around with our Pressure Pro system as we got the new control unit in the mail yesterday so we had to reprogram our tire pressure settings.

When we got back in to the rig, I asked what everyone thought about going to the movies. It was decided it was a good idea. Melissa got on the internet to see what theaters were close by and what they were playing. We decided on Swing Vote with Kevin Costner. We decided to take in the 1:40 showing. So we had lunch and I called my old office and had a nice chat with Pat and Janis. I think of the two of them as friends not just as co-workers so it was nice to get caught up.

We left for the movie and the three of us gave it a thumbs up. Actually, I thought it was the best movie I've seen him in a number of years. What with the presidential election looming, this movie made you think about the importance of voting and the whole election process in the course of entertaining us.

We came home for dinner to the Swiss Steak that I had cooking in the crock pot. Heaven's some of these meals I haven't made for a long time and I discovered that they make up just fine in the crock pot. It is my hope that Melissa has enjoyed them. However, I wasn't able to make my macaroni salad for her. When we come home for the holidays, honey, I will make some to share.

Later in the evening, we went out for some ice cream. Everyone loves ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment