Thursday, July 31, 2008

Birthday Girl

Yesterday, I told everyone that we could sleep in as late as we wanted. Little did I know that would mean that John and I would sleep the clock around. Wow! We haven't done that in years. Melissa said she was awake around 8 a.m. and was quietly watching TV when we got up.

After we got up, John went and picked up our mail that we had forwarded to us. Imagine my surprise when I opened the envelope and discovered two birthday cards for me. One was signed by my former office mates. I was very touched. Thank you Janis because I know you were behind the remembrance. I also had a card from Janis with a See's gift certificate. Yum.

I decided that we would go out to a celebratory lunch and eat leftovers for dinner. We then decided to go to the Cougar Mountain Zoo that is in Issaquah. We were able to see two white tigers that are about one years old, a cougar, reindeer (Melissa didn't realize that they really existed outside of the North Pole), macaws, lemurs, cranes, wallabies, Emu's, and Alpacas. Unfortunately, we did not take our camera with us and Melissa's camera could not zoom in on many of the animals to get good pictures. Lesson learned - always take the camera. There was a male reindeer that had the largest set of antlers; a picture would have been nice. It must have been very heavy to carry around.

It was a good afternoon and a wonderful birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment