Saturday, May 9, 2009

Office training and work

John started his work shift at 8:30 and I got my office training with the other workkamper couple (Faye and Marshall) around 10 a.m. My first shift was to start tonight at 4 p.m. I spent the time vacuuming the office and straightening up. I did take a couple of calls for reservations and took down the information for Paul to enter on the computer. No one came in for a site so that experience will have to wait for another day. When John finished his shift, he cleaned up and went to Pizza Hut to pick up some pasta dinners as I wasn't finished with my shift until 8 p.m. We ate dinner in the office as we were both really hungry.

The office work won't be difficult but as with most things, there is more to it than meets the eye. I will be handling a cash register for the first time in my life. Ah, the challenges . . . love it.

While we were starting to get our training, it was noticed that someone was getting flowers delivered. They came up to the office and low and behold they were for ME! My darling Melissa had flowers delivered to the campground for Mother's Day. What a surprise! I figured that we would be celebrating Mother's Day and Father's Day when she is here in June (so looking forward to seeing her). Melissa has been so incredibly busy with her two jobs plus her volunteer work with the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure that was held this morning in Sacramento that taking the time to order me flowers just deeply touched me. Thank you my darling . . . I love you more than words can ever tell you. Aren't they beautiful?
For those of you who are mothers, I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day. For those of you who are lucky enough to have your mother living, please give your mother a call to let them know you love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment