Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Melissa and I did a bit of phone tag in the morning as she called while I was working my morning shift in the office. After lunch when John returned to his work, I told John that I was going to make a run to the grocery store. I had just pulled into the grocery store parking lot when Melissa called. Sitting in the parking lot talking to the my darling daughter for over an hour . . . total happiness.

After I got home and finished putting groceries away, I gave my sister a call to wish her a Happy Mother's Day. We had a nice chat and got caught up on each others lives.

After John got off work, he cleaned up and then we headed into town for dinner. We were going to drive to Hill City to go to the Alpine Inn but I remembered that they were closed on Sundays. Darn! Instead, we went to Cattleman's here in Custer. We had a good dinner and service. The rain had started while we were in having dinner and continued on and off the rest of the evening.

John gave one of his friends, Clyde, a call to see what was going on with him and had a nice conversation. The rest of the evening was spent watching a little TV and playing Hearts on the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment