Friday, February 13, 2009

Catching up again

Not too much has been going on here other than I have been having issues with our health insurance coverage. When we changed our residency from California to South Dakota, we now fall under First Health Network instead of Blue Cross of California. When we were in Sacramento in December, I had a mammogram and two different doctor visits. Both doctors were FHN preferred providers and we should have had no issue with the insurance. However, that is not the case. It seems that the two doctor's offices did not update their billing information and hence, billed Blue Cross of California in error. I just about fell over when I saw what the insurance paid ... not good. After many phone calls, I got the doctor offices to rebill to the correct insurance provider. Now I will have to follow-up because the claims will be rejected as duplicate billings and I will have to get them special handled. Urghh! Why can't people do their jobs correctly? Why did I give them our new insurance cards????? Their laziness is now causing everyone a lot more work.

We were getting ready to fix lunch the other day and I happened to look out and noticed a mountain lion poking its head out of the bushes and slowly walking away. Again no pictures; they don't hang around long. This mountain lion was more the coloring of the type we expect to see and was smaller than the first one we saw.

We decided we weren't going to stick around to have sun shades made especially when I initially thought we were going to have to pay big $$ for my December doctor visits. We still want to get sun shades but we are ready to get on the road.

Speaking of getting on the road, John checked all of our caulking, washed, and waxed the rig while I spiffed up all of the interior. What we did forget about was the President's Day holiday weekend. It looks like we will extend one night here and leave on Monday.

John went to bed early last night as he was very tired from all his hard work as well as not getting a good night's sleep the night before. I was quietly reading when I thought I heard a cell phone ring. It wasn't mine but it was John's. It woke him up so he answered it. It was his sister, Bonnie, and they had a nice chat. She said she had checked our blog and it hadn't been updated for a few days. Oh, oh . . . Busted!

John joined me out in the living room and we both read for another hour or two before packing it off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment