Wednesday, January 28, 2009

RVers potluck

We were invited to join the gang for their Mexican potluck. I guess it was originally going to be tacos and burritos but it morphed into something much bigger. In staying with the theme, I decided to make Mexican Tea Cookies. I made the dough on Monday and needed to bake them today. I shooed John out for a bike ride so he would not be underfoot. It did not break his heart any, I must add.

I got the cookies baked a while before John returned. We ate lunch and then sat outside watching the crazy quail running back and forth, chattering all the while. I scattered some seed to see if I could draw in some birds. John said it was to early in the afternoon. Ha! Soon I had doves, finches, and quail. A bit later, our resident cottontail even made an appearance.

It was soon time to head out to Mike and Edie's gathering spot for the pot luck. My goodness, the quantity and selection of food was amazing: enchiladas, con queso, spanish rice, chile verde, homemade refried beans, charred corn, chile rellenos, tacos, fruit salad, chips and salsa, homemade guacamole, plus an assortment of appetizers. There were also four or five desserts. If you walked away hungry, it was of your own doing. Oh, less we forget, margaritas were available. Neither one of us indulged but everyone seemed to be enjoying them. Everyone has been so nice and inclusive. As Edie said, everyone just has an upbeat view on life and enjoys a good time.

We were invited to go out on the ride tomorrow to some springs up in the mountains. We gladly accepted. I was told that Tuesday ride was unusually dusty, it will be interesting to see if that is the case. Hopefully, we will some nice pictures to share. I was asked if I was sore today, to which I answered only a bit stiff between my shoulders this morning but once I got up moving around I was fine. I guess it is not uncommon to be sore the first few times out due to all the jostling one gets. We headed for home a little after 6 p.m. contentedly full. I guess it will be an evening of reading or watching TV if anything interesting is on, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment