Monday, January 26, 2009

Burr. . . cold and windy

After getting up, I walked to the rear of the rig to see if we had any birds hanging out and boy, did we ever. Mourning Doves, Eurasian Doves, Gambel's Quail, House Finches, and our little cottontail rabbit. It was when the Gila Woodpecker flew to where the bird seed ball was hanging that I noticed . . . it was gone! What!??? The Gila Woodpecker was funny because he, too, was surprised that the bird seed ball was gone. John thinks we were ripped off by a coyote. I'm sure that the bird seed was held together by something sweet like honey or molasses so it must have appealed to it's sweet tooth. I went out to see if I could find a remnant but found nothing.

John and I went in to Quartzsite to check out another RV store for the closet latch but they didn't have any. There were RV's on the road everywhere heading in all directions. We stopped at some vendor booths. I bought some golden raisins, pecan bits, and a denim long-sleeve shirt. The wind was strong and it was very chilly.

We headed home to have lunch and the truck's outside temperature was 52 degrees. It felt much colder due to the wind and the fact that the sun was always coming in and out of the clouds. No outside sitting this afternoon as it was simply too cold for us. Nothing too exciting for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment