Thursday, January 15, 2009

Brenda, AZ

Before we had breakfast, I asked John to walk up to the camp hosts to find out if the woman was found. Unfortunately, John returned with no news as they didn't know. As there weren't any search parties out like yesterday, we can only hope that she was found okay. For my piece of mind, that is what I am going to think.

The RV mecca known as Quartzsite is definitely getting busier. We had spent quite a few minutes waiting to get into the intersection of Main St and Highway 95. We left Hi Jolly this morning and made the 20 mile drive to our new home for the next month - Black Rock RV Village. Our site is the widest one we have had in our travels so far. I will post a picture of our site tomorrow.

We got all settled in and took the kayaks off the truck and found them heavy with water. My kayak won the prize of being the heaviest as my rear hatch leaked. All my stuff was wet and was starting to get moldy. My PFD (personal flotation device) was soaking wet. John's kayak had a little moisture due to condensation and some of his stuff was damp as well. Yikes, it was a mess.

We met our neighbor across the way, Jack, and spent some time talking with him. He just purchased a F-450 so was picking John's brain. Brenda, who we met in San Diego, came over to say hello. This is the second year that they have stayed at this park and really enjoy it. They purchased a Polaris Ranger (two seater) to do desert ATVing; something that is very big in this area. Seems like everyone around here has either an ATV, jeep, or a golf cart.

While we were putting the covers back on the kayaks, we saw a couple of cottontails. We also had a flyover by an owl or so John said.

I must say, it is very nice to have amentities like electricity. Whoo hoo, I am back on line!

No comments:

Post a Comment