Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Summer job hunting

John and I had sat down and went over the Workamper Magazine's summer job listings and selected the "jobs" we were interested in pursuing. As there were a few that I needed to place calls on, I suggested to John that he take a bike ride so that I wouldn't feel awkward while on the phone. He jumped at the chance! I got a couple of calls made with not much success so I decided to just work through the list and send out our resumes where I could. I got two resumes emailed and was working on a cover letter when John returned. I was frustrated with the new Word on setting up a table. John said this would be a good time to sit outside and enjoy the afternoon for a while. I jumped at the chance! Needless to say, I never got back to my cover letter.

After dinner and a little TV, we headed off for the pool and spa. We decided that it would make the lap swimming better with goggles. Darn! We had goggles but threw them out in November as we didn't think we would ever need them again. Still the swim and spa was good and relaxing. Time for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment