Monday, October 27, 2008

Jaunt to Redding

We had to take the DirecTV box back to FedEx. Due to information I received from DirecTV, I thought we had to take it to an actual FedEx office . . . the only located in Redding. So after breakfast, we loaded up and headed for Redding. The FedEx office is actually at the Redding airport (never been there before). Once there, we could have dropped the box off at any FedEx outlet (I should have listened to my instinct) On our to FedEx, we saw diesel for $2.99 a gallon. Darn - John was disappointed as we topped off yesterday.

While in Redding, we stopped at there mall to get John a new pair of flip flops. I must say, their "mall" is rather small and quite unimpressive. No compulsive buying was done, I'm happy to report. We stopped for lunch and decided to head on home. We will take in Turtle Bay another day as we have plenty of time to kill.

Later in the evening, John looked outside and saw a beautiful red sky what with all the cloud cover we had today. He got this terrific shot:

We again took advantage of the pool and spa and once again, we were the sole users. It is like having your own private facilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment