Sunday, September 20, 2009

A short play week

As the past weekend was a rainy one, John was kept from working so his work days were Wednesday and Thursday. That certainly limited the amount of playing we could do this week. No matter, we still got in some kayak fishing. A couple of good days and then Friday was a blow-out. John caught two and I caught zip, nada, nothing. Other people on the lake were catching fish while they were jumping around us, John and I just couldn't entice them. John tells me that there are days like that when fishing. I guess I have been spoiled!

With John tied up working during the middle of the week, it was a rather long two days for me. I get a lot of domestic work done. Mine as well make good use of my idle time.

I'm hoping that next week we can get some geocaching done as the GPS is all loaded and ready to go if I can get John interested (he is into fishing right now). We've got to get a couple more finds under our belts before we head out.

Speaking of heading out, we are starting to look forward to moving on. Not sure why other than we know our time here is coming to an end as we are still loving all things in the Black Hills. All along we planned to stay until the 29th of the month so we could attend the Buffalo Roundup in Custer State Park. After talking to numerous people, the Roundup is sounding less appealing and not what we envisioned - traffic jams, approximately 12,000 people, unless you get to sit in the grandstands (not many seats) you most likely won't see anything, and you will be stuck there from early in the morning until around noon when the buffalo are totally corralled. This doesn't sound like fun to either of us so we will use Monday the 28th for preparing to move the following day.

As I write the blog, I am watching Paul (owner), Jim (handyman), and John (workkamper) move an old building on a flatbed trailer to the back area where there is tent camping sites (were is a camera when you need it?). The cabin will ultimately be used as a dry cabin for camping. after it has been spruced up a bit. Right now, however, the electrical wires for the park are posing a small problem for them due to some vent or something sticking up on the roof. Well, they took care of the vent problem! John is riding on the toolbox guiding Paul who is driving - thank goodness they are moving slow. They are now out of sight so what I can't see can't bother me.

Well, that pretty much wraps up our lives this past week . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment