Monday, September 14, 2009

Beautiful day and rememberances

After two very wet days over the weekend, we had a beautiful day to enjoy today. John and I took care of some calls we felt needed to be completed and then decided to go fishing. We decided not to go until after lunch as the fish around here are not early risers. Travis and Cindy headed for Sylvan Lake around 10:30. We wished them luck and told them we were going back to Center Lake where we have had better success.

We were on the lake around 1 p.m. John and I tried casting all types of lure but they weren't biting. I decided to change lures and try trolling. Success was had!! I caught eight while John caught four. After the second catch, John asked me what lure I was using - a spinner. Soon he was using a spinner and caught a fish. He kept going back to casting but every time I yelled "I've got another", he would go back to using a spinner and trolling. Today was my most successful day fishing. John said not only did I out do him in quantity but quality as well. Oh, I also removed the hook from one of my catches all by myself. Both of us survived I'm happy to report.

After we got home, we lounged around outside with both of us saying that our arms were feeling the effects of trolling so much. I don't know how many miles I paddled today but I was almost in constant movement for over three hours. Travis and Cindy stopped by on their way home to say that Cindy had caught two and Travis had caught one - a 17 incher. They were happy with their results but think they might be going back to Center Lake soon.

On another note, with the news that actore Patrick Swayze passed away from pancreatic cancer caused me to reflect on my mother's death as she also died from this awful cancer over 10 years ago. I remember my mother's oncologist saying that there was no cure and to hope that she went quickly as it is a very painful way to die. Blessfully, my mom did pass soon after diagnosis. Patrick wasn't so lucky. Rest in peace Patrick as your suffering is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment