Monday, June 29, 2009

Good food and good company

After a quick run into town, we returned home when John decided that he wanted to go for a bicycle ride so he headed off. I met up with Jim the RV repair guy to give him the information he needed from our furnace to order a part for us while he was up at Rick and Y's. When Rick and Y pulled into the campground, they discovered that their propane regularator was leaking and will need to have it replaced.

When John returned to an empty rig, after cleaning up, he knew where to find me. Yep, I was sitting outside visiting with Rick and Y. Rick and Y had invited us to dinner. We had a very good meal: BBQ steaks, salad, steamed veggies, hot bread, and dessert. We had a weird experience while we were eating, a guy walked up and asked Rick how much his International truck cost and then just stood there while we were eating. How rude. First, the guy interrupts our meal and second, there is no other conversation but to ask how much the truck costs. Some people.

After dinner, I went up and asked Faye and Marshall if they would like to join us for a game of Pegs and Jokers which they did. Rick and Y taught us the game in April when we ran into them at the Excel Service Center. With the help of my "cheat sheet", I think I am starting to get the hang of it. We played three games and the girls won two. I think we all had a good time. Hopefully, too many days won't pass until we play again so I don't lose any ground.

Faye and Marshall went home to have dinner and John and I joined Rick and Y in their trailer for more good conversation. Soon it was 11 p.m. My how the time flies when one is enjoying themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment