Sunday, June 28, 2009

Busy weekend

John and I both resumed our regular work shifts. Our friends, Rick and Y, arrived and got settled in their site. We now have two Excel fifth wheels in the park. As I was returning from taking John a cold drink on Saturday, I saw another Excel fifth wheel pull in to the campground. Wow, now there are three. For those of you that don't know, it is unusual to find two Excel's in a campground much less three. It is always fun to meet other Excel owners.

My shift Saturday night was a very busy one. It is amazing to me how little planning people do for a major holiday. We've taken so many calls wanting to know if we have any RV sites available over the 4th of July. You've got to be kidding! We will have a very full campground for the 4th.

My Sunday morning shift was a little busy and John worked hard all day cleaning up an eyesore part of the campground. The area looks much better but another section could use some work. After John got off work and cleaned up, we headed up to Brenda's for a potluck. We had a good time visiting with everyone and once again, the food was plentiful and tasty. Once the group started breaking up, John and I headed up to Rick and Y's were we had good conversations about a multitude of topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment