Sunday, December 14, 2008

Special request

When we got to town, Melissa asked if I could make up some of my spaghetti sauce so that she could put some in her freezer. Nothing like a special request to get a mom's kitchen cooking. We went to the grocery store this morning and I got with making my meat sauce. Melissa is coming for dinner and there should be plenty for her to take home.

While I was it, I baked some Lemon Squares for dessert from a recipe that my dear friends, the Kwong's, shared with me. I do like this recipe - Yum.

We all enjoyed our dinner of spaghetti with meat sauce, salad, garlic bread and Lemon Squares ... all to rave reviews. Melissa was especially happy to be taking home spaghetti sauce to be used at a later date. She also made off with the new Ziploc containers I just purchased; at least I don't have to store them now!

We actually had rain today. As the evening progressed, the rain got harder and the wind was gusting. The local news says that the week will be a wet one. The area very much needs the rain and snow in the mountains so you can't really complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment