Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Tidbits

Over the weekend, we were surprised with a visit by a hot air balloon over the RV park.  When we heard the swoosh of the flame very close by, that really caught our attention.  By the time John grabbed the camera, the hot air balloon had drifted further away.  We were surprised at how low the balloon was.


As we watched, the hot air balloon kept getting lower and looked as if it was headed for the river.  Not a good place to land in our opinion.  Once it went lower over the houses, we have no idea where it put down.  It was a very short trip for the paying customers.


I had a lovely birthday on Sunday and appreciated the calls and text messages I received. Thank you so much.

Our three young bucks in the area are growing up and are getting nice antlers.  It is always a pleasure watching our group of five (3 bucks and 2 does) when they come visiting.


They sure make jumping over fences look easy don't they?


We have been riding and expanding the riding distance each time for me.  John has pretty much gotten back to his riding distance.  We have worked our rides around a stop at the white water park.  It is so peaceful and serene there.  Yesterday, we didn't see any kayakers, rafters, or fishermen so there wasn't any added entertainment.  I did have my first run-in with a snake at the river.  He saw me, I saw him and I started backing up saying "snake".  John laughed and said he knew I had spotted a snake before I even said anything just from my body language.  I do not like those slithery critters!



No comments:

Post a Comment