Saturday, November 21, 2009

Staying in Woodland, CA

We made it to the Yolo County Fairgrounds on Wednesday.  Nothing fancy but we have 50 amps and full hook-ups for $25 a night.  The good news is that this location is only 16 miles from Melissa.  We will be here until the 29th when we can move over to Cal Expo RV Park that will have us centrally located in Sacramento. 

The drive from Lost Hills was an uneventful one other than having a head wind all the way up the valley.  The  trip was a miserable one for me as I have come down with a cold.  This cold took five days to develop and after getting only 3 hours of sleep Tuesday night, it hit me with a vengeance.  My only hope is that John doesn't catch it.

Last night, we were able to coordinate a dinner date with Melissa when my doctor's appointment finished up earlier than anticipated which put us close to her workplace.  It was so wonderful  to see her in person and be able to give her a big hug.  I just hope I won't be sharing my cold with her!

Today, a "big" storm was suppose to hit the area so John and I decided to just hunker down.  However, the "big" storm didn't ever really appear where we are but the Sierra's are certainly getting a good amount of snow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment