Saturday, November 21, 2009

Catching up with Melissa

I'm still recovering from my cold and barely drug myself out of bed at 9 a.m. which is very late for me.  After getting cleaned up, we headed to the grocery story to buy supplies to make my spaghetti meat sauce.  Melissa had made a special request, so trying to be the good mom, I decided to make it sooner than later.

By the time Melissa came by, the sauce had been simmering for a couple of hours and made the rig smell delicious which did not go unnoticed by her.  How wonderful to get to spend time with her laughing and talking.  After dinner, we played a game of Wizard.  Melissa won so she was especially happy about that.

Soon it was time for her to head home.  It is not nearly as sad to say goodbye when you know that in a few days you will be seeing her again.  Ah, the great thing about being back in the Sacramento area.

No comments:

Post a Comment