Sunday, August 1, 2010

Special day

Today was my birthday.  Many thanks everyone for the calls, cards, and emails.  I truly appreciate all of the lovely thoughts and best wishes.

When I went to work at 4 p.m., I was in for a surprise.  There were three of my fellow Workampers in the office.  I jokingly asked if they were having a party to which they replied yes.  Ha, ha I thought.  Sure enough, more Workampers came into the office (John included) as well as Paul and Sandy (campground owners)cake and ice cream was brought out, as well as birthday cards.  The gang even joined in to sing Happy Birthday to me.  I was shocked and so very touched by the thoughtfulness.  Paul and Sandy gave me two tickets to the Flying T Chuckwagon Supper & Show which should be fun.  All of this came about because John asked one of my co-workers, Helen, about a place he could get a gift certificate for a massage for my birthday.  Soon the plotting and planning was in the works . . . even John was kept out of the loop.  Needless to say, I'm feeling pretty blessed and thankful for having such wonderful people in my life.  Thanks again everyone!