Friday, March 19, 2010

Census

The other day I emailed our mail service in South Dakota to inquire about the Census forms.  I was told that they hadn't received any and weren't sure if they would.  I had read somewhere that if you didn't have a "physical address" you would not be sent a Census form.  I then read an email from the Escapees RV Club where they informed everyone that they would NOT be receiving Census forms for their mail clients.  Escapees advised all who could to come to the headquarters in Livingston, TX to complete the Census form or wait until a Census employee came by your campsite to count you in person.  Yeah right, like that was going to happen.  John and I had resigned ourselves that we would be one of the many uncounted citizens of this country just because we don't have a permanent address.  Our address in Madison, SD is our permanent address in our book but I guess the bureaucrats in Washington have other ideas.  I digress.  Anyway, we were sitting outside our rig today enjoying a lovely afternoon, when we were approached by two Census employees.  Go figure.  We were asked the important questions and therefore were counted.  Unfortunately, the way this Census is working is that Arizona will benefit from our count but not the state that we are residents of - South Dakota.  How screwy is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment